Most people who market their services on the internet know how important it is to bring in high quantities of visitors, but many don’t understand that this traffic needs to be to a targeted audience who will actually be interested in their products. This is exceptionally important for campaigns like Google’s Adwords, or any traffic that you’ve paid for.
Here you will learn how to maximize your sales by drawing in a more specific crowd interested in your product or services.
1. Know who your target market is, and target each advertising campaign to them. Your main keywords should always define your potential customers. If you use Google AdWords, you need to make your ad specific to your target market. If you’re writing articles to promote your site, they must contain the right keywords for your market.
2. Submit your website to popular search engine directories for categories that fit your particular niche. For example, if you have a website that distributes services or products that are relevant to “work from home online” or “home based work”, make sure you submit your website under these categories. This will make it easier for people who need this particular information to locate your website.
3. Advertise your site to relevant online groups and forums. If you understand your potential customer, you’ll have an easier time figuring out where to find them. Visit relevant online groups or forums where your target customers hang out, and you can subtly advertise to them by putting your URL in your signature. People in forums or groups that relate to your niche are definitely targeted, and there’s a good chance they’ll buy from you.
4. Write keyword-rich articles. The articles you write can get published by lots of different sites, directories and e-zines, so you could end up with thousands of links pointing back to your site. Your articles must contain the top keywords for your niche so that your site will rank high in searches for those words. This brings targeted traffic and potential customers to you.
5. Take advantage of online publications such as e-zines for increased advertising. You may find that publishing an e-zine of your own is the way to go and can help you create your own potential leads. Keep your e-zine updated with current information and make sure that your link is easily spotted on your e-zine. In addition, seek out other e-zines related to your market and advertise there.
6. Create a blog about a subject that relates to your website and has valuable information that people want; Blogger, Squidoo, Hubpages and WordPress all offer free blogging services. Your blog posts should include your keywords as linking anchor text to direct visitors back to your website.
These six tips will help you establish a targeted traffic base for your home based business. With targeted customers, you’ll get a boost in sales and a higher conversion rate.